..................................................................Click on a photo to connect to my Flickr page to see more of my art! ............................................................................

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Add "Art Curator" to My Title

Yesterday, I had the new experience of hanging and placing five pieces of art in the Chico Art Center gallery. I was placing my own art in a space that I had rented. For the month of December, the Chico Art Center has rented out spaces to artists for the artist to hang as much art as they wish in their designated space. Some of the artists have only taken up the middle of their space. Some have utilized every inch and have works spanning from floor to "ceiling" (well, the "floating" wall ends before the ceiling.). As I am expecting a baby in just 6 weeks, I took my wonderful husband along with me so he could be the one to climb on the ladder and drill holes and hang my heavy mosaic pieces. I had the job of standing back and checking out how centered things looked, and how aesthetically pleasing my space was. What do you think? Check out the photo above and let me know in the comments section what you think of my job as "art curator"! In the meantime, the show opens in two days and I am excited to have people see my art!

1 comment:

  1. Your display is gorgeous! And congratulations on selling the red/yellow/blue ones.

    ReplyDelete